ECODA project number: Oilseeds East Activity 4
- Screen existing non-GMO soybean germplasm for drought tolerance.
- Cross drought tolerant parents to high yielding varieties.
- Select high yielding drought tolerant segregants for future varieties.
- Increase sustainability and yield of early maturity soybean varieties for production in Canada.
- Reduce crop failure risk to Canadian growers and to international buyers.
This research is underway, so the research project’s final report is not available yet.
Incorporation of drought tolerance in soybeans