ECODA project number: Agri-Innovation Program, Oilseeds East Activity 16
Principal investigator: TBD, Progest 2001
- Evaluate the integration of canola in a potato cropping system and measure the benefits and/or negative impacts during the potato year.
- Compare rotation system including canola with conventional and new potato cropping system.
- Determine the best temporal position in the cropping system for the canola and evaluate the impact on other crops included in the rotation.
- Special effort will be invested to evaluate the influence of canola crop on the potato soil-born diseases evolution.
- Measurement of nutrient balance and economical impact will also be included in the project.
This research is underway, so the research project’s final report is not available yet.
Crop rotation with new potatoes (Quebec)