ECODA project number: Agri-Innovation Program, Oilseeds East Activity 9
The general objective of the proposed work is to improve our understanding of the ability of plant-to-microbe signals to enhance the growth and productivity of canola. The specific objectives are:
- Better under understand the interactions between stimulation of plant growth by microbially produced signals and plant stress.
- Determine the effects of chronic versus acute exposure of canola plants to plant-to-microbe signals on canola plant growth and productivity.
- Investigate the effects of canola genotype differences on responses to microbe-produced signal compounds.
- Investigate some of the mechanisms underlying canola responses to microbially produced signals.
- Conduct field trials with best formulations of signal compounds.
This research is underway, so the research project’s final report is not available yet.