Eastern Canada Oilseeds Development Alliance, Inc. (ECODA) adheres to applicable privacy legislation. We are committed to the privacy of your personal information.
In connection with business and research activities, ECODA collects and compiles personal information to create, maintain and enhance relationships that allow us to provide and deliver top-quality, value-added research, products and services to our network of partners, industry associations, clients and the public.
ECODA will make every effort to protect the personal information you provide to us. We comply with the federal government’s privacy legislation, the “Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act” and Prince Edward Island’s “Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.”
ECODA is careful to ensure that information is used responsibly and only for the purposes for which you gave it to us. We only collect personal information necessary to fulfill your specific requests. Personal information typically includes:
• Your Name
• E-mail address
• Phone number
• Other specific information that pertains to the request
• Responses to surveys or contests.
How does ECODA protect your personal information?
- Will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than to specific requests, except with your consent or otherwise as permitted or required by law;
- Will make all reasonable efforts to protect the confidentiality of your personal information;
- Will protect your personal information with appropriate and effective internal controls and safeguards;
- Will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information, subject to exceptions permitted by law, and correct any information, which is inaccurate or incomplete.
When does ECODA share your personal information?
It is ECODA
‘s policy NOT to sell our personal information database to any third party.
There are, however, some circumstances where we may share personal information internally or with a research, business or funding partner. For example:
- Subject to applicable regulations, your personal information may be shared among ECODA units or research, business or funding partners. Under certain limited circumstances ECODA requires assistance from different parts of our organization or our partners to ensure our clients and members are provided with information, products and services, which meets their needs.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to communicate with advisory groups, businesses, committees, individuals, panels, projects and stakeholder groups.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to maintain details of academics, professionals, speakers, scientists and subject matter experts who provide advice or information to ECODA or conduct training or assessment on behalf of ECODA on a non-ongoing basis.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to provide information or respond to any complaints, compliments or enquiries (including social media).
- Your personal information may be disclosed to a company or individual employed by ECODA to perform functions on our behalf such as market research, target marketing or data processing.
- We may disclose personal information to a public authority or agent of a public authority, if in our reasonable judgment, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property, which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information.
Individuals have a right to request access to their personal information and to request its correction if it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
ECODA will take reasonable and practicable steps to provide you access and/or make a correction to your personal information within 30 calendar days, unless we consider there is a sound reason under the Privacy Act or other relevant law to withhold the information, or not make the changes.
ECODA may send e-mail communications to you. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of your preferences.
Links to other websites
The ECODA website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statements applicable to the websites in question.
Agreeing to Terms
Mail: Eastern Canada Oilseeds Development Alliance, Inc. (ECODA)
National Bank Tower
134 Kent Street, Suite #302
Charlottetown, PEI Canada
© 2019Eastern Canada Oilseeds Development Alliance, Inc. (ECODA). All rights reserved.